Preorder: Expected Delivery Q3 2021
Board Game Geek Rating: 5.58
Board Game Geek Avg Player Rating: 7.46
Players: 2 to 6
Content Notes: Kickstarter President Pledge Plus Dirty Money Module for Campaign Trail Board Game by Grey Fox Games. Includes deluxe core game, deluxe Green Party Expansion, Political Animal Meeples, Dirty Money Module, Larger Box and Tray, and all unlocked stretch goals. Please note: unless otherwise stated paid add ons from the Kickstarter Campaign are not included.
Campaign Trail is a strategy board game in which players pit their campaign skills against one another as they vie for the Presidency of the United States.
The confetti is flying, the champagne is flowing, and you have just accepted your party's nomination for President of the United States. Now it's time to hit the Campaign Trail! How will you chart your path to victory? Engage in grass roots campaigning, advertise, sling mud at opponents, fundraise, debate, and so much more! But be sure to avoid revealing those skeletons you have buried in your closet. The candidate who best manages his resources and connects with the public on key issues will win the presidency!
Campaign Trail uses card driven actions to implement your strategy. Your goal is to have the most voters for your party in enough states to win a plurality of electoral votes. If you have the most voters in a state you are awarded that states electoral votes (victory points). At the end of the game the player with the most electoral votes wins and is declared the president!
During our hundreds of playtests, the players have commented on the following aspects as items they enjoyed the most:
- The multi-use cards create many excellent decision possibilities
- You know exactly who is leading at all times due to the real time electoral vote tracker
- Each unique candidate ability opens up new areas of strategy
- The design that takes partisan politics out and gives a fun, enriching experience
Please check out the rulebook and print and play files to see how Campaign Trail uses multi-function cards inspired by La Granja and Bruges and an area control mechanic similar to games like Twilight Struggle and 1960: The Making of the President.
On your turn you play a card and take an action from that card. Each card has a choice among 4 of the games 6 actions. You may (depending on what is on your card):
- Fundraise (Add money to your war chest to be spent later on advertising campaigns and campaign rallies)
- Register (Add voters to your registered voter supply so that they can commit to vote for you in the various states)
- Travel (Move your candidate around the United States to set yourself up for large campaign rallies in key states)
- Advertising (Create and implement advertising campaigns based on the issues of the day. Each time you advertise you will receive voters in the states that care about the issues you covered)
- Campaign (hold local campaign rallies where your candidate is located. Campaigning allows you to gain large numbers of voters in the state(s) you are in and adjacent to)
- Event (hold various political events. Some may give votes, some may increase resources, all are helpful)
In addition to the base of card driven mechanics and area control, you will have a candidate card which gives you an individual player power, you will also have the opportunity to debate the current issues with your opponent. And finally, through the use of event cards, you can build up an engine to help out with resource production.
You can learn how to play in just 3 easy steps:
1. Play a card from your hand and decide which action to take
2. If you have the most voters in a state, you control that state and count it's electoral votes toward your total.
3. After three rounds, the player with the most electoral votes is the new President!
You're vying for electoral votes and not all states are the same. Plan your strategy and execute your plan so that you win the more valuable states and leave your opponents with only the small states!
--from the publisher
We're glad to back campaigns to bring you games like Campaign Trail: President Pledge Plus Dirty Politics Module Kickstarter Game to buy online at TheGameSteward. We will use a hefty percentage of every dollar you spend on Campaign Trail: Presdent Pledge Plus Dirty Politics Module towards backing fantastic new games on Kickstarter! Just a reminder, if you have purchase questions on Campaign Trail: Presdent Pledge Plus Dirty Politics Module (Kickstarter Special Edition) game, how to buy online at The Game Steward or just need a game advice, please contact us at The Game Steward.