Board Game Geek Rating: 7.39
Board Game Geek Avg Player Rating: 7.69
Players: 1 to 6
Content Notes: Kickstarter "Conductor Pledge" of Age of Steam Deluxe Edition Board Game by Eagle-Gryphon Games. Includes core game, France/Poland Map, Hungary/Finland Map, set of 150 wooden trains, and all other unlocked stretch goals. Please note: unless otherwise stated paid add ons from the Kickstarter Campaign are not included.
Ding & Dent Condition: Core game box includes one or more ding along corners and/or edges. All dings are visible, but cosmetic only.
The CONDUCTOR Pledge
With the Conductor, you will receive one (1) copy of Age of Steam: Deluxe Edition PLUS the 18mm Wooden Locomotive Set which features 150 trains (25 in each of the 6 player colors).
- You are backing and you will receive a copy of the artistically-rejuvenated classic railroad game -- Age of Steam!
- Ian O’Toole, celebrated games artist and graphics designer, has completely re-envisioned and re-created the art and graphics of the box, map boards, display boards, all tiles, and the overall color scheme of the game
- The fundamental game rules and gameplay remain the same – great as they always have been
- Many Deluxe features have been added by Eagle-Gryphon Games! (see below for details)
The game will be funded and we can now print the new Deluxe Edition of the game!
A map of France will be created in the new Age of Steam: Deluxe graphic style.
A map of Poland will be created in the new Age of Steam: Deluxe graphic style.
A map of Hungary will be created in the new Age of Steam: Deluxe graphic style.
A map of Finland will be created in the new Age of Steam: Deluxe graphic style.
The above Stretch Goal maps will be included with Age: of Steam: Deluxe Engineer & Conductor pledges for Kickstarter backers! These will not be in the retail edition of the game.
Steam-belching iron horses roar across the wild plains! Age of Steam relives the era when pioneering U.S. railroads built the tracks that transformed America's economy. Each self-contained phase in the game keeps players constantly involved in making vital decisions and interacting with other players. You are challenged to:
- Finance both the most extensive track network and the most powerful locomotives
- Determine which routes will give the best returns on their costs
- Beat the opposition to the most lucrative shipments
- Make enough money to pay your aggressive creditors
Age of Steam has been the top-rated train game on BGG for most of the years since it first appeared in 2002. But change is inevitable, and now, nearly 20 years later….
Eagle-Gryphon Games is proud to present Age of Steam: Deluxe Edition!
- Six maps are included on 3 double-sided game boards
- Mini-sized (22mm) poker chips have replaced paper money
- Classic wooden Track Ownership disks in 6 new player colors replace plastic trains, but cool, small (18mm) wooden trains are available as an inexpensive upgrade
- A PVC insert with a clear plastic cover has been added for convenient and clear storage of all components
- A huge, heavy-duty box is supplied to carry the weight of potentially 10 maps, 3 new supply boards, 90 poker chips, 144 tiles, and the other new components (see below). This box is a bit bigger and heavier than those we use for the Vital Lacerda games of Lisboa, Gallerist and Vinhos!
- The new MSRP of this game will be $90, but you can pledge for it during this Kickstarter campaign for only $67!
3 Double-Sided Game Boards (Rust Belt, Western U.S., Southern U.S., Germany, Barbados, and St. Lucia) -- all mounted on 2mm thick and durable game board stock
3 Display Boards -- again mounted on thick, game board stock
- 136 Track Tiles
180 Track Ownership disks (6 sets of 20 Track Ownership disks, 5 Player disks, and 5 extra disks for use with expansions, in 6 player colors; blue, green, yellow, pink, gray, and orange)
96 Goods cubes (20 red, 20 blue, 20 purple, 20 yellow, 16 black, 14 white)
8 New City tiles (1 red, 1 blue, 1 purple, 1 yellow, 4 black)
90 Money chips (40x $1, 40x $5, 10x $25) -- 22mm, composition material, 1.7g, stack easily
1 Turn Track marker -- wooden cylinder
- 8 Town disks
- 6 Dice
1 Cloth Bag -- grey with a gold-stenciled logo
Rulebook (see below)
Steam-belching iron horses roar across the wild plains! Age of Steam relives the era when pioneering U.S. railroads built the tracks that transformed America's economy. The cut-throat action is centered on the industrial powerhouses of the growing nation: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago, and beyond.
Challenges that await you:
Can you finance both the most extensive track network and the most powerful locomotives?
Which routes will give the best returns on their costs?
Can you beat the opposition to the most lucrative shipments?
Will you make enough money to pay your aggressive creditors?
Competition is brutal, with the game usually going to the player who plans most carefully.
Each self-contained phase in the game keeps players constantly involved in making vital decisions and interacting with other players. Age of Steam also allows towns to be developed into cities, ensuring that no two games are exactly the same.
We're glad to back campaigns to bring you games like Age of Steam Deluxe Edition: Conductor Pledge Kickstarter Game to buy online at TheGameSteward. We will use a hefty percentage of every dollar you spend on Age of Steam Deluxe Edition: Conductor Pledge towards backing fantastic new games on Kickstarter! Just a reminder, if you have purchase questions on Age of Steam Deluxe Edition: Conductor Pledge (Kickstarter Special Edition) game, how to buy online at The Game Steward or just need a game advice, please contact us at The Game Steward.